Monday, March 4, 2019

Cold Wood

When it's twenty degrees outside my furnace struggles to maintain warmth inside my Fifth Wheel even with the help of auxiliary heaters.  Consequently, the wooden arms on my recliner are cold enough to be felt through a tee shirt, a sweater and a jacket.  I spend a lot of time in that recliner these days.  My eight year old Chihuahua, Molly, is battling cancer and she likes to be held when it wears her down.
I came up with an idea that works beautifully and thought I'd share just in case someone else gets cold arms from their wooden armchairs.

I went to the dollar store and picked up two drying mats in the kitchen section of the store.  They are the size of placemats and have a thin foam padding.  Then I went to Walmart and found strips of sticky velcro for a dollar.  I went home, placed the velcro on the mats and wrapped them around each arm on the chair.  Two dollars for the mats and two dollars for two strips of velcro.  Problem solved.  And I like that I can remove them in the summer when cold wood is a bonus and not a nuisance.


No comments: