Thursday, August 16, 2018

Typical August 2018 journal entry:

4:30 a.m.  Wake up. Plan the day - Laundromat, home, shower, meditate, budget, write, lunch with a friend.  Afternoon relax.

What actually happened:
4:45 a.m. Walk the dogs.
5:15 a.m. Feed pets, take medication, breakfast, gather laundry.
5:45 a.m. Sweep floor, check email, wash dishes, clean bathroom.
6: 45 a.m. Leave for the laundromat
7:00 a.m. Wash laundry.
8:30 a.m. Head home
8:40 a.m.  Friend calls to cancel lunch.
9:05 a.m. Molly's veterinary doctor calls to say the radiologist wants more x rays of Molly's heart. Need to come in ASAP.
9:15 a.m. The phone rings in the car.  Son calls to invite me to lunch at 11:30.  Happily accept.
9:30 a.m. arrive at Veterinary Hospital.  Molly who, by the way, has suddenly decided at the age of eight that she really does enjoy riding with Mama in the car, refuses to leave the safety of the vehicle.  Thank goodness she's a Chihuahua.
10:30 a.m.  Leave the Veterinary Hospital.  Molly enjoys the ride home.
10:50 a.m. No time to shower.  Change clothes and head out to the restaurant.
11:20 a.m.  I am early, as usual, send a text to Son.
11:30 a.m. Son is on time, as usual.
12:45 p.m.  I haven't seen him in quite a while, so I drag it out as long as possible.  He has to get back to work and so I head home.
1:00 p.m. Arrive home to find Tiffany feeling sick and with another migraine. Ask if she took her BP medication.  Yes, but she thinks it's the wrong one.  I tell her to call Urgent Care.  They tell her to come in right away. 
1:20 p.m. Drive to Urgent Care.  She checks in, sees Doctor who gives her prescription for correct BP medication. Calls it into the pharmacy.
3:10 p.m. Drive over to the pharmacy to pick up medication.
4:05 p.m. Decide to go into Costco (next door) and pick up a pizza to take home and check on switching to Costco pharmacy which is considerably cheaper.
5:25: p.m.  Home with pizza.  Have one slice and a chunk of watermelon.  Too tired to keep my eyes open, but watch some news on NPR and BBC.  Rail at the television. (You don't want to know.)
7:10 p.m.  Can't keep my eyes open, so early bedtime. I still have to put laundry away. 
7:45 p.m. Fall into bed finally, decide to read my kindle tablet before sleeping and check Pinterest instead. Discover "Dirty Painting" my daughter has been talking about and am suddenly wide awake.  Call her to come to look and the two of us "ooh" and "aww" over this new painting technique.  She wants to try it, I want to hang a piece in my trailer.
9:27 p.m. Fall asleep wearing my glasses, with the light on and my tablet resting on my chest. 
11: 42 p.m.  Wake up hearing someone being sick in the bathroom.  It's my teenage grandson.  Get him some medication.  Go back to bed. 
I thought I might sleep in till five on Saturday. But my circadian rhythm did not cooperate and I was up at 4:30 AM again this morning. 

I decided not to plan my day.

No comments: